Friday, May 30, 2014

Levi turns 5!

Levi turned 5 this year while we were at Disney World. We didn't plan the trip around his birthday - it just worked out best for us to be there that week. But, it was fun for him no doubt. He got to wear a huge birthday button with his name on it. Wherever we went, the Disney Cast Members all said, "Happy Birthday, Levi!" He ate it up! Colt eventually got jealous and now wants to go to Disney for his birthday - in hot, crowded July. I think he'll be lucky to try and brave Sea World for his birthday :)

Anyway, here are Levi's answers to his birthday interview:

Who are your closest friends? Jake, Abbie and Will, Zoe, Colt, Tatum, Charis, Ty, Scout and Garrett, Fletcher and Jane, Hannah and Jackson, Taylor and Abbey and Bailey, A.J, Claire, Jesse, Olivia, Walker, Lucas and Brian, Macy, Weston (from preschool), August and Ivey (our neighbors)

What are some talents you have? riding my bike and doing tricks on my bike like standing up and holding on with one hand, doing good at gymnastics and baseball - I can hit the ball far.

What activities do you like to do with your family? Going on dates, when we go to Chuck E. Cheese, when you take us to our friend's house

What makes you happy? When it's my birthday and I go on a fun ride like the Star Wars ride and Dinosaur ride at Disney. When I go to Nana and Bang Bang's house for a sleepover.

What makes you sad? When you guys leave to go on a date, or when you guys die, I'm gonna be sad or if our house gets on fire.

Favorite color? Blue

Food? Hot dogs and macaroni and cheese. Some healthy stuff that's my favorite is carrots, broccoli, bell pepper, green beans, meat and tortilla chips. I also like the P.Terry's hamburger with the sauce and lettuce and tomatoes on it.

Sport? basketball and baseball and soccer (cause next year I want to play soccer).

Book? Star Wars Ninjago book

TV show? Word Girl

Movie? Star Wars

Song to sing? Blue Skies and Rainbows

Day of the week? Sunday cause then we get to learn more about God

What did you get for your birthday this year? Lightning McQueen cars, umbrella, Jake and Never Land Pirate sword, going to Build-A-Bear Workshop and getting a new outfit for my bear, my new bike

When I grow up I want to be a Disney character and work at Disney World. Which one?: Magic Mickey

My goal for this year was to learn to ride a bike which I already learned. So my new goal is not to get tagged out when I run the bases. That's going to be hard for me. I need to run faster.

Something new I want to learn when I am 5 is how to be quiet so I don't wake Zoe up when she is napping and how to play baseball better.

Anything else? I hope Mussa has fun at his birthday. (He's the boy we just sponsored from World Vision and he turns 5 next month.)

Levi dancing with his cousin Eliza at Ty's cousin's wedding


Levi,
As the answers of your birthday questionnaire show, you are such a funny, thoughtful, sincere guy. You really do have lots of friends and you continue to remember everyone's names that we meet. You love your siblings, especially Zoe, and I pray that your relationship with them will always be of upmost importance to you. You are the best clothes folder and toy picker upper in our family and I appreciate the diligence you show in helping out around the house. You seem to be very intuitive for your age and you are picking up lots of educational information from listening to Colt's homeschooling lessons. I hope you aren't bored in Kindergarten next year! You are a joy to parent as you can process so much for your age - if we explain something to you, you get it and try to do it differently in the future. One thing that is a challenge for you on your birthday is that you easily get frustrated with other kids your age or older who aren't as mature as you. I know you will get a grasp on that soon enough and we'll move on to something else :) Levi, we love you SO much and you bring a smile to my face whenever I think of you. I pray that your excitement for life, your intelligence and your love for God will continue to grow in you and that with it you will do amazing things for the Kingdom.
I love you, Mom.

No comments: