Tuesday, February 10, 2009

37 week update

I had my 37 week appointment today and all looks well. I've had low platelets for a few weeks, but the Dr. said my latest bloodwork shows that the level has risen, so now if I need another C-section (even though I'm trying not to) I will be able to have an epidural or spinal. I guess if my platelets remained low, they could only give me a local anesthetic. Also, she said that I'm 80% effaced and dialated to 3cm already. Although I really hesitate to post that result, because I don't want to get all of the grandparent's hopes up. (Remember last time, I held those numbers for a few weeks!). Anyway, Levi looks good and is heads down. I'm ready to go and just waiting in anticipation.
Also, today is the first day we started Colt on cloth diapers. They are supposed to help speed up potty training because he will be able to feel the wet sensation more than with disposable ones. I put the first one on him this afternoon, and he didn't mess in it. When we took it off at bedtime, he peed on the bathroom floor, then sat on his potty. Baby steps....

3 comments:

Chez said...

Alright Levi!! Can't wait to meet that baby!!

Those cloth diapers are cute!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, Charis. I can't believe you're that far along already. And guess what - we found out we're having another boy, too! Plus, Levi is one of my top names, too! Crazy, huh? Levi is Matthew in Hebrew and so we thought it was cool...

Let me know when you pop that baby, okay?

Kelly

Rocky and Sunee said...

Geez, I can't believe how dilated and effaced you are. I wasn't there until I'd been in active labor for hours! Craziness. Hope he hangs in there at least 'til you feel you're ready. Let me know if you need anything either before or after Levi arrives.