Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Introducing Colt David Dishman!





Happy Birthday to Colt!! He was born July 1st at 10:43pm after 12 hours of labor and delivery! I actually ended up having to have a c-section because he didn't want to descend after 2 1/2 hours of pushing (without drugs, btw... talk about fun). But Colt is here and is a very healthy and happy baby! He weighed 7 lbs. 80z and is 20" long. Apgar scores were 8 and 9. I'm doing okay... but can tell that recovery will be lots of work - I didn't realize how many activities one uses their ab muscles for! We should go home from the hospital tomorrow (Wednesday). Here are a few pics of Colt and the family on his birthday. I'll post more later. Can't wait for yall to meet our precious little boy!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

He's lookin' good. Let us know if you need anything.

cheryl said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a precious bundle. I wandered over to your blog expecting to see anther pregnancy update. ;o)
So sorry about your unexpected c-section. I can't imagine all that laboring and pushing only to have to recover from surgery too! I'll be praying for it to be as smooth and quick as possible. :o)
Can't wait to see more pics. (I can't believe you've already posted!)

Irma and Koby said...

Congrats Charis! He is beautiful! I'm glad everybody is doing well and even though the birth didn't go according to "the plan" you still ended up with a precious little gift!
I'll keep your recovery, husband and little one in my prayers. :)

allyo said...

Hello sweet Baby Colt! We are so glad that you are finally here! You are already loved by so many people! Can't wait for you and Camden to meet.

Ty and CHaris...congrats! What an amazing adventure you are about to start! We love you and miss you!!
Charis...you are s STUD! Give Colt hugs from the O's.

Cara said...

Congrats Charis and Ty!!! He is beautiful:)

Amy Ewert said...

Congratulations Charis and Ty! He is so adorable...I can't figure out who he looks like more. I hope your recovery goes quickly. Post some more pictures soon (I know you have all of the time in the world to do that)!

hejlyeah said...

AWESOME! We're so excited for you guys. Call me when you get resettled and we'll chat. Or, call me anytime!

Rocky and Sunee said...

all that work without drugs! Wow, you're tough. I'm sure you'll recover quickly too. love you and can't wait to meet little colt.

The Holley's said...

CONGRATS! Hope everything is going well with recovery.

Jenn said...

Yay! Congrats Ty and Charis. Colt is very handsome.