Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Week 3


Getting bigger
Who sleeps more... Colt or Ty?
We haven't been up to much this week, so I just decided to post a few pics. Ty and I had our first date night away from Colt while Granny Rae babysat. We went to Outback for steak, then came home again. We had fun, but it was hard to leave our son for the first time (although I'm sure it'll be much harder when we leave him with non-family)! My mom is still here and has made all my favorite meals (spinach quiche, Dr. Pendergrass cupcakes, Mexican chicken) ... yum!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leave him with non-family!!?? Oh, okay... if you must. We'd be glad to fill those shoes to give you two a date night every couple of weeks.

I'll bet, that given the chance, Ty would sleep more. I know I would.

klp98c said...

Hi! It looks like you all are getting along really well....hehehe!! He has already changed so much in just a few weeks! I can't wait for you all to come to Abilene! God Bless!

Kera

Lori said...

Hey, it's been a long time. Congrats on the sweet baby boy. I found you guys through the Hejl's. I am new to the blogging world, but you can check out my little bundle of joy too. Let me know how you guys are!!!

Unknown said...

Colt is so cute, and he still looks so alert for such a little guy! Trust me when I say that after a while, it gets easier to leave your baby with other people, including non-family members for a night out! Not that you aren't excited about seeing your baby again, but you don't feel to bad yelling instructions about where to find the doctor's number while you sprint out the door for some freedom. : )

Chez said...

We bought our tickets, so we'll be seeing you in just a few weeks!

And what is a Dr. Pendergrass cupcake? It sounds crazy!

Charis said...

Well, Chez... a Dr. pendergrass cupcake is SCRUMPTIOUS!! It's a chocolate cupcake with chocolate mint chips/cream cheese filling. Maybe I'll make some for you when you are here. :) Although, I have to say they are always better when my mom makes them.