Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Thanksgiving 09

This year my mom invited us to have Thanksgiving in Tulsa, which was an offer we couldn't refuse. So we loaded up our car and made the LONG trek! All I gotta say is thank God for DVD players and sisters who agree to go along for the ride. We had a great time. My grandparents used to live in Tulsa, and all I remember of it as a kid is that it was so ugly. This time, however, it was beautiful with all the leaves changing colors. Glad I had an opportunity to change my mind about this town :) And Thanks Mom for hosting us!
Levi had a blast pulling down ALL of the books off my mom's bookshelf in her living room. He did this about a million times. No joke :)
Andrew, Alethea, my mom and me
My mom moved to Tulsa mainly to assist her 94-year-old aunt (left). Aunt Madaline took us to Luby's, which ironically is Ty's favorite restaurant. Yes, we ate at 4:45.

My mom lives in this cool complex that has riding trails, a garden for residents to grow their own plants/food, and, of course, a tree with a face on it.

Andrew and Amy. Aren't they cute?!


Ty's great uncle, Bill, also lives in Tulsa, so we took an afternoon to visit with him. He loved Levi! What's not to love?
On the way to and from Tulsa, we stopped in Ft. Worth to stretch our legs at my grandparent's house. Here we are with my grandad. He's been in poor health recently, but I think it lifted his spirits to see Colt and Levi for a bit. He's also a UT Longhorn fan (can't you tell from his burnt orange sheets?).

Well, that about wraps up our Thanksgiving adventures. We had a great time with family and are very thankful for all of the blessings that have been showered over us this year.

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

2 comments:

Kim P. said...

We make that drive many times a year! All of Joe's family lives in Tulsa. Parts of Tulsa really are beautiful but I know what you mean about needing a DVD player to make it in the car that far! Next time be sure to go to the aquarium in Jenks. No joke, landlocked Tulsa has a state of the art new aquarium! Apparently it's great and the kids love it =)

ana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.