Colt has been helping me cook in the kitchen, just about every day. He loves it, and I don't mind too much either. We've made the following recipe a few times and it is easy and DELICIOUS, so just thought I'd share it. Plus, it includes carrots, apples and zucchini, which Colt snacks on the entire time we are making it, and he doesn't even notice he's eating healthy!
Golden Harvest Cake, taken from Cooking Light magazine:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine 1 cup flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tsp. ground cinnamon, 1 tsp. baking soda, and 1/4 tsp salt, stirring with a whisk.
3. Add 1/2 cup grated peeled Granny Smith apple, 1/2 cup grated carrot, 1/2 cup shredded zucchini, and 1/4 cup chopped, toasted walnuts to the flour mixture.
4. Combine 1/4 cup canola oil, 1/4 cup nonfat buttermilk (I use half and half), and 2 eggs in a small bowl. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
5. Spoon batter into an 8x4-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Cook at 350 for 50 minutes. Makes 9 servings.